Follow Your Shipment Online
Track and Trace
With Canadian North’s Cargo Track and Trace feature you can monitor your shipment’s progress in real time. Enter the AWB number you received from Canadian North’s cargo office in the search field below to track your shipment.
Search for cargo
Canadian North’s vast and comprehensive route system serves the cargo needs of more northern communities than any other air carrier in Canada. From small packages to bulk items, equipment and even vehicles, Canadian North’s versatile fleet can handle just about any cargo shipment.
With major staging points in Ottawa, Montreal, Kuujjuaq, Iqaluit, Yellowknife, Edmonton and Winnipeg, refrigeration facilities and a reliable truck-to-air network, we are well equipped to handle a wide range of cargo movement.
- The fastest way to get your shipment there
- A little more money, a bit less time
- Your shipment travels on the next available flight
- A little more time, but more economical
- Delivered in up to five days (depending on flight frequencies)
- Package delivery system up to 2.2 kg (5lbs) per package
- Flat rates anywhere Canadian North flies
- Delivered on the next available flight
- Non-perishable, non-valuable items only
- Intended for high volume cargo movements
- For destinations outside of Canadian North network
- When immediate timelines are critical
- For more information see: Charter Services
Canadian North applies dimensional weight calculations to all shipments to determine if the actual or dimensional weight will be used in the calculation of charges. The greater value of the two will be applied.
Multiply, in centimetres, the length, width and height of the package and divide by 6000 to calculate dimensional weight in kilograms.
You don’t need to be at a Canadian North shipping counter to have your cargo shipped. Here’s how it works:
- If your package originates in a major southern Canadian centre (excluding Winnipeg), it can be picked-up and shipped by ground to one of our northern air staging points.
- Your package will then be air shipped to its final northern destination.
- Perishable products may not be shipped this method due to inadequate refrigeration facilities during truck to air handling.
When a declared value is stated on the waybill, a charge of $4.00 per $100 declared value will be charged. In the event of damage or loss, the limited liability per kilogram will therefore be increased based on the weight of the shipment and the amount declared on the waybill. (Some exceptions apply, i.e. food and carvings.)
Claims for loss or damages will only be calculated on the weight of those parts or pieces of a shipment that were lost or damaged.
If no declared value is stated on the waybill, in the event of damage or loss, the amount of liability will not exceed $1.10 per kilogram.