Follow Your Shipment Online
Under Canadian law, cargo is required to undergo screening or physical search prior to acceptance for flight.
Air cargo can be screened and made secure as early as the time it is packed, and up until the time it is tendered to an air carrier. If a business wants to be involved in screening, storing, transporting, tendering and/or accepting secure air cargo, it can apply to participate in Transport Canada’s Air Cargo Security Program.
We encourage our customers to become participants in the program and contact Transport Canada to begin the application process today.
For all other cargo shippers (non-participants or not able to tender Cargo as secure)
Your cargo will be required to undergo a screening or physical search of the package prior to acceptance for flight
- Allow extra time at cargo drop off point for screening and processing
- Allow extra time for cargo delivery as the screening process may delay delivery
Transport Canada Resources
- Air Cargo Security Program: Shipper Fact Sheet
- Air Cargo Security Program: Supply Chain Member Fact Sheet
- Contact Transport Canada at 1-866-375-7342 or e-mail email@example.com