Coordinator, Customer Service
1 (Temp. Full Time)
Other Details: Reporting to Manager, Customer Service. Temporary Ending Approximately March 11th 2024.
Level: As per the UNIFOR Collective Agreement
* In accordance with UNIFOR Collective Agreement
Skills and Qualifications
Include, but not limited to, the following minimum skills and qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent related work experience i.e. travel tourism education, customer service/airline experience, etc.;
- 1 year of previous related experience combined with 1-year previous supervisory experience;
- Must possess a working knowledge of the Sabre Computer System;
- Possess a knowledge of passenger check-in and baggage handling;
- Solid knowledge of passenger service, ticket counter related procedures, and airport functions;
- Strong Leadership skills;
- Excellent Customer Service Skills & training;
- Fluently bilingual in English and French or English and Inuktitut considered an asset;
- Must be familiar with all aspects paperwork/documentation for all passenger service functions;
- Solid organizational skills, problem solving skills, decision making skills, and prioritizing skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for internal and external customers;
- Working knowledge of Windows, Excel and Word;
- Must possess strong communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Experience in handling passengers with mobility needs;
- Willing to assist in all areas of passenger services;
- Willing to work irregular hours of operation and shift work;
- Must pass the benchmark level proficiency test;
- Ability to obtain and retain an Airport Restricted Area Pass in accordance with the Airport Restricted Area Access Clearance Program regulated by Transport Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities
Interested candidates should be able to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provide input into Employee scheduling and assignment, on the job training and instruction;
- Ensure that Company policies and procedures are adhered to;
- Process passengers and baggage;
- Make reservations and compute fares;
- Disseminate information;
- Assist passengers with mobility and special needs;
- Issue tickets/airway bills and process sales reports for deposit;
- Assemble, control and transmit reservations and passenger data;
- Administer Interline and employee travel for both business and leisure;
- Maintain records as required;
- Process claims for damaged or missing baggage;
- Record flight arrival and departure times;
- Conduct radio communications with the aircraft;
- Other duties as assigned.
Is this the job for you?
Apply in writing with a cover letter and résumé to:
Canadian North Human Resources Department
Internal and External candidates will be interviewed simultaneously. Only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canadian North is committed to employment equity.
This advisory was posted on June 1, 2023.