1 (Full Time)
Other Details: Reporting to Manager, Maintenance. Rotational position: 3-weeks on, 3-weeks off.
Level: As per the GAFAE Collective Agreement
* In accordance with the GAFAE Collective Agreement
Skills and Qualifications
Include, but not limited to, the following minimum skills and qualifications:
- Must be a graduate from an approved Avionics maintenance training program, or equivalent related work experience;
- Must have a Transport Canada AME “E” license;
- 4 years of experience in Avionics Line Maintenance;
- ATR-42 Endorsement considered an asset;
- Boeing 737 Experience considered an asset
- Must be adept at managing multiple priorities and deadlines;
- Must possess an ability to work in a fast paced, team oriented environment;
- Must possess an ability to assist with maintenance tasks;
- Must possess a valid driver’s license;
- Must be able to perform basic troubleshooting;
- Must be able to read and install wire diagrams;
- Must be able to perform shift work as required;
- Ability to communicate in Inuktut a definite asset;
- Ability to obtain and retain an Airport Restricted Area Identity Card in accordance with the Airport Restricted Area Access Clearance Program regulated by Transport Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities
Interested candidates should be able to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Perform scheduled work and defect rectification to the appropriate maintenance manual utilizing approved methods and materials;
- Familiarize themselves with all procedures to follow for the maintenance or repairs to the aircraft and/or equipment they are requested to work on;
- Perform work on aircraft as outlined by applicable Work Sheets, Forms, Work Orders, Special Bulletins and Procedures Manuals in conformity with accepted practices;
- Responsibly use and maintain company equipment;
- Maintain clean and orderly work areas;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Rotational accommodation provided.
Is this the job for you?
Apply in writing with a cover letter and résumé to:
Canadian North Human Resources Department
Internal and External candidates will be interviewed simultaneously. Only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canadian North is committed to employment equity.
This advisory was posted on June 5, 2023.