Aca, Aircraft (heavy Maintenance)
1 (Full Time)
Other Details: Reporting to Senior Manager, Heavy Maintenance West
Level: As per the GAFAE Collective Agreement
* In accordance with the GAFAE Collective Agreement
Skills and Qualifications
Include, but not limited to, the following minimum skills and qualifications:
- 2 years Post Secondary education required;
- 4 years of experience;
- Must possess Transport Canada M2 license;
- Experience on ATR 42 an asset;
- Experience on BOEING 737 an asset;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision;
- Must be able to obtain an AVOP;
- Preference given to 737-300/400/700 endorsed candidates;
- Must have valid drivers license;
- Must have excellent organization skills, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Must possess superior interpersonal and communication skills for internal and external customers;
- Ability to communicate in Inuktut a definite asset;
- Ability to obtain and retain an Airport Restricted Area Identity Card in accordance with the Airport Restricted Area Access Clearance Program regulated by Transport Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities
Interested candidates should be able to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintenance activities carried out on the aircraft (i.e. Repairs, inspections modifications and aircraft movements);
- Responsible to be familiar with all procedures necessary to follow for the maintenance or repairs to the aircraft and equipment;
- Perform work on aircraft and components as outlined by applicable work sheets, forms, work orders, Service Bulletins and procedure manuals in conformity with accepted practices;
- Ensure all work carried out is properly documented in accordance with the procedures manual;
- Ensure proper completion of Aircraft Parts Tags, both serviceable and unserviceable, completed or originated on shift;
- Responsible for the care and control of company publications, tools and equipment are returned after use;
- Other duties as assigned.
Is this the job for you?
Apply in writing with a cover letter and résumé to:
Canadian North Human Resources Department
Internal and External candidates will be interviewed simultaneously. Only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canadian North is committed to employment equity.
This advisory was posted on March 1, 2023.