Calgary, Alberta – Canadian North, the Arctic’s leading airline, and Mount Royal University are set to make a significant announcement regarding a transformative partnership aimed at addressing Canada’s critical pilot shortage. The announcement will take place in Calgary, Alberta, and will be made by Michael Rodyniuk, Canadian North’s CEO, and Kelly Williams-Whitt, Mount Royal University’s Dean of the Faculty of Business and Communication Studies.
Canada is currently facing a nationwide pilot shortage, with the demand for skilled pilots surpassing the available workforce. This partnership between Canadian North and Mount Royal University signifies a pivotal step toward addressing this industry-wide challenge while nurturing the talents of Inuit students.
- Date: Thursday, October 12, 2023
- Time: 1:00 PM (MNT) / 3:00 PM (EST)
- Location: Mount Royal University, 4825 Mount Royal Gate SW, EB 2nd Floor Atrium, Calgary, Alberta, T3E 6K6
Notes for media:
- Media Availability: Representatives from Canadian North, Mount Royal University, and key stakeholders will be available for interviews immediately following the announcement.
- B-Roll Opportunity: Members of the media are invited to capture b-roll footage of key representatives from Canadian North and Mount Royal University at the Calgary International Airport (YYC) before the event. Please arrive by 10:45 AM (MNT) for this 15-minute opportunity at the hangar: Canadian North, 620 Palmer Road NE, Unit 80, Calgary, AB T2E 7R3.
About Canadian North
Canadian North is a 100% Inuit-owned airline that connects people and delivers essential goods throughout Canada’s North – safely, reliably and always with friendly and caring customer service. Canadian North Airlines services 25 communities within the Northwest Territories, Nunavik and Nunavut, as well as Ottawa, Montreal, Edmonton, Calgary – with a versatile fleet of Boeing 737, ATR 42 and ATR 72 Freighter aircraft. Canadian North is also the premier charter services provider for large resource sector clients requiring dependable, efficient and economical fly-in/fly-out air service and it operates flights across North America and beyond for sports teams, cruise lines, tour operators and many others. Canadian North is wholly-owned by Makivik Corporation and Inuvialuit Development Corporation.
Annie Thomlinson, Manager, Communications