First Officer, B737
1 (Full Time)
Other Details: Reporting to Chief Pilot, B737.
Level: As per the ALPA Collective Agreement
* In accordance with the ALPA Collective Agreement
Skills and Qualifications
Include, but not limited to, the following minimum skills and qualifications:
- Minimum 1,000 hours total experience, 1,500 hours preferred
- 750 hours fixed-wing multi engine time
- Valid Transport Canada Group 1 Instrument Rating
- Valid Transport Canada Class 1 Medical Certificate
- Transport Canada Commercial Pilot’s License (CPL)
- Transport Canada Airline Transport Pilot’s License (ATPL) is preferred
- Jet time considered a definite asset
- Completion of either the IATRA or the SAMRA and SARON. (Exams must be valid)
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Current valid passport and Canadian Permanent Resident Card if you are not a holder of a Canadian passport
- All required visas or travel documents allowing you to freely travel unrestricted
- Ability to communicate in Inuktut a definite asset;
- Ability to obtain and retain an Airport Restricted Area Identity Card in accordance with the Airport Restricted Area Access Clearance Program regulated by Transport Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities
Interested candidates should be able to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Whether landing on a gravel runway, or travelling coast to coast to coast, being a Pilot for Canadian North is a job like no other. The variety of a robust scheduled passenger and cargo network throughout the Canadian Arctic combined with a diverse charter program allows our Pilots to see and experience it all.
- Proudly 100% Inuit owned, Canadian North connects people and delivers essential cargo to the north and beyond. Fulfilling Canadian North’s mission of making life better in the communities we serve, appeal to your sense of adventure all while making safety your number one priority.
Is this the job for you?
Apply in writing with a cover letter and résumé to:
Canadian North Human Resources Department
Internal and External candidates will be interviewed simultaneously. Only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canadian North is committed to employment equity.
This advisory was posted on September 8, 2023.