Cargo Attendant (iqaluit, Nu)
5 (Full Time)
Other Details: Reporting to Manager, Cargo & Ramp
Level: As per the UNIFOR Collective Agreement
* In accordance with UNIFOR Collective Agreement
Skills and Qualifications
Include, but not limited to, the following minimum skills and qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent related work experience i.e. warehouse, forklifts, customer service industry, etc.;
- 1 year of warehouse and/or customer service experience;
- Demonstrated strong communication, organizational, problem solving & interpersonal skills;
- Ability to accomplish multiple tasks in a high pressure, high volume environment;
- Knowledge of cargo handling and processing procedures considered an asset;
- Knowledge and experience of loading and load control on company aircraft considered an asset;
- Forklift driving experience an asset;
- Proven customer service skills;
- Must hold a valid driver’s license;
- Must be willing to work various shifts (including evenings, holidays and weekends);
- Must be able to obtain and retain a D/A level Airport Pass;
- Ability to communicate in Inuktut a definite asset;
- Ability to obtain and retain an Airport Restricted Area Identity Card in accordance with the Airport Restricted Area Access Clearance Program regulated by Transport Canada;
- Rotational accommodation provided.
Duties and Responsibilities
Interested candidates should be able to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Comply with Company and MOT Standards and Regulations;
- Handle all cargo;
- Perform all warehouse related duties;
- Provide excellent customer service internally and externally;
- Responsibly maintain clean and orderly work areas;
- Responsibly use and maintain Company equipment;
- Assist Customer Service and/or Cargo Agents when required;
- Assist passengers with mobility and special needs;
- Perform commissary duties;
- Assist with reconfiguration of aircraft as required;
- Perform other duties and functions related to the foregoing;
- Process airway bills;
- Other duties as assigned.
Is this the job for you?
Apply in writing with a cover letter and résumé to:
Canadian North Human Resources Department
Internal and External candidates will be interviewed simultaneously. Only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canadian North is committed to employment equity.
This advisory was posted on June 5, 2023.