1 (Part Time)
Other Details: Reporting to Manager, Cargo & Ramp.
Level: As per the UNIFOR Collective Agreement
* In accordance with the UNIFOR Collective Agreement
Skills and Qualifications
Include, but not limited to, the following minimum skills and qualifications:
- Previous accounting experience considered an asset;
- Knowledge and experience, preferably in cargo/ramp operations, considered an asset;
- Knowledge of Canadian North’s Cargo computer program;
- Knowledge of Canadian North Cargo and Ramp procedures manual;
- Operational knowledge of company aircraft handling;
- Must be familiar with handling of dangerous goods and be able to obtain and retain a dangerous goods acceptance level certificate;
- Demonstrated strong communication, organizational, & interpersonal skills;
- Ability to accomplish multiple tasks in high pressure, high volume environment;
- Proven customer service skills;
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs;
- Ability to communicate in Inuktut a definite asset;
- Ability to obtain and retain an Airport Restricted Area Identity Card in accordance with the Airport Restricted Area Access Clearance Program regulated by Transport Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities
Interested candidates should be able to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Comply with Company and MOT Standards and Regulations;
- Assist with claims for damaged or missing goods;
- Maintain records as required;
- Record flight arrival and departing times;
- Conduct radio communications with the aircraft;
- Process load control data;
- Issue Airway Bills and process sales reports for deposit;
- Disseminate information;
- Process shipment and reception of all cargo;
- Initiate claims resulting from missing and damaged cargo;
- Perform other duties and functions related to the foregoing;
- Assist Cargo/Ramp Attendant Agent if so required;
- Cargo reservations create reservations and compute fares for customers;
- Other duties as assigned.
Is this the job for you?
Apply in writing with a cover letter and résumé to:
Canadian North Human Resources Department
Internal and External candidates will be interviewed simultaneously. Only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canadian North is committed to employment equity.
This advisory was posted on September 12, 2023.