Your safety and well-being mean everything to us
Government of the Northwest Territories announces suspension of the Nunavut Travel Bubble until further notice (Tuesday,
November 17, 2020) – click here
Update on confirmed positive case of COVID-19 in the Kivalliq region (Friday, November 13, 2020) – click here
Update on confirmed positive case of COVID-19 in Kuujuaq (Friday, November 13, 2020) – click here
Please review important things you MUST do before your flight
Select the choice that describes your trip:
- I am travelling within the Common Travel Areas PLEASE CLICK HERE (translations to be provided when available)
- From the Northwest Territories to Nunavut (please note that the Nunavut Travel Bubble is currently suspended, so travel from Nunavut to the Northwest Territories is NOT considered to be within the Common Travel Area)
- Between Nunavut and Churchill
- Within Nunavut
- Within the Northwest Territories
- I am travelling to and from Nunavut, from outside of the Common Travel Areas PLEASE CLICK HERE (translations to be provided when available)
- I am travelling to and from the Northwest Territories PLEASE CLICK HERE (translations to be provided when available)
- I am travelling to and from Nunavik PLEASE CLICK HERE (English and Inuktitut)
Other important things to expect
You must bring a mandatory non-medical mask or face-covering and wear it throughout your entire travel journey
- The Government of Canada requires all travellers 6 years of age or older to confirm that they have a mandatory non-medical face mask or face-covering in their possession during check-in and wear it throughout the entire travel journey. Masks are not to be placed or required on children less than 2 years old, anyone who is unconscious, anyone unable to remove them without assistance, or anyone with a medical certificate indicating they should not wear a mask. – more information and exceptions here.
- Although an adult responsible for a child who is at least 2 years of age but less than six years of age must ensure that a non-medical mask or face-covering is readily available to the child prior to boarding an aircraft for a flight, the child is not required to wear the mask for the entire journey if they cannot tolerate it.
- Non-medical masks or face-coverings with transparent windows must be tightly sealed where the transparent material meets the rest of the face mask, as well as meet other general face mask requirements.
- Please note that as shown in the above link, face coverings with an exhalation valve or vent, non-medical masks/face coverings made with mesh or lace fabric, neck gaiters, bandanas and face shields will not be accepted as they don’t protect others from COVID-19 and don’t limit the spread of the virus.
- Travellers who do not have a suitable face covering in their possession will not be allowed to fly.
You will check-in at our airport counter
- Web and kiosk check-in options are temporarily unavailable.
Mandatory Transport Canada health screening questions
- All passengers are required to respond to a heath questionnaire before boarding, confirming that they are not exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms or that there are other related factors that would prevent them from boarding a flight.
- We urge passengers to respond truthfully as providing false or misleading information could result in a $5,000 fine under the Aeronautics Act.
Mandatory CATSA temperature screening
- The Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA) is conducting temperature screening at large Southern airports, including Ottawa, Montréal, Winnipeg and Edmonton. – more information here.
Changes to our onboard experience
- Onboard meals and snacks have been temporarily suspended. We will continue to provide bottled water.
- We have also temporarily removed non-essential items such as pillows, blankets and our inflight magazine.
Temporary suspension of Ilak beneficiary fares on Montréal-Kuujjuaq route
Effective October 16, 2020, we have temporarily suspended our Ilak Beneficiary fare program on our Montréal – Kuujjuaq route (northbound Flight 164 and southbound Flight 165) in order to discourage non-essential travel on this Nunavik gateway route. All existing Ilak reservations on this route will continue to be honoured and requests for compassionate exceptions will be considered.
We expect that this will be a temporary measure and look forward to resuming Ilak bookings when conditions improve. In the meantime, we appreciate the patience and understanding of our customers. Please see here for full details.
Request for customers to wear face coverings when visiting any of our cargo facilities and airport counters
In order to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 within the communities we serve, we are asking our customers to wear a face covering whenever they visit any of our Canadian North Cargo facilities. This supports current public health directives in Ottawa and Québec, and will ensure we are providing the same precautions in all of our locations.
We also encourage our customers to wear face coverings at our airport ticketing and check-in counters.
Request for customers to wear non-medical masks or face-coverings when visiting any of our cargo facilities.
Update to our Goodwill Policy
We have updated our Goodwill Policy for customers whose travel has been affected by COVID-19, effective October 21, 2020. Please see here for complete details.
Where can I find more information?
The following websites are reliable sources of updated information:
- Government of Nunavut
- Government of the Northwest Territories
- Kativik Regional Government
- Nunavik Regional Board of Health and Social Services
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- Government of Canada Travel Advice and Advisories
- Government of Canada Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
- The World Health Organization
- International Air Transport Association (IATA)
Questions? We’re always here to listen and to help.
We will continue to follow the direction of public health authorities and will provide additional updates here and on our Facebook and Twitter channels if further developments occur. In the meantime, we are always here to listen and to help. If you have any questions about your upcoming travel or shipping, please contact us at 1-800-267-1247 or email@example.com.
Thank you as always for booking, flying and shipping with us.