Your safety and well-being mean everything to us
Please review important things you MUST do before your flight
Select the choice that describes your trip:
- I am travelling within the Common Travel Areas PLEASE CLICK HERE (English, Inuktitut and Inuinnaqtun)
- Between Nunavut and the Northwest Territories
- Between Nunavut and Churchill
- Within Nunavut
- Within the Northwest Territories
- I am travelling to and from Nunavut, from outside of the Common Travel Areas PLEASE CLICK HERE (English, Inuktitut and Inuinnaqtun)
- I am travelling to and from the Northwest Territories, from outside of the Common Travel Areas PLEASE CLICK HERE (English and Inuvialuktun)
- I am travelling to and from Nunavik PLEASE CLICK HERE (English and Inuktitut)
Other important things to expect
You must bring a mandatory mask or face-covering
- The Government of Canada requires all travellers to confirm that they have a mandatory face mask in their possession during check-in – more information here.
- Please note that as shown in the above link, face coverings with an exhalation valve or vent, face coverings made with mesh or lace fabric, neck gaiters, bandanas and face shields will not be accepted as they don’t protect others from COVID-19 and don’t limit the spread of the virus.
- Travellers who do not have a suitable face covering in their possession will not be allowed to fly.
You will check-in at our airport counter
- Web and kiosk check-in options are temporarily unavailable.
Mandatory Transport Canada health screening questions
- All passengers are required to respond to a heath questionnaire before boarding, confirming that they are not exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms or that there are other related factors that would prevent them from boarding a flight.
- We urge passengers to respond truthfully as providing false or misleading information could result in a $5,000 fine under the Aeronautics Act.
Mandatory CATSA temperature screening
- The Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA) is conducting temperature screening at large Southern airports, including Ottawa, Montréal, Winnipeg and Edmonton. – more information here.
Changes to our onboard experience
- Onboard meals and snacks have been temporarily suspended. We will continue to provide bottled water.
- We have also temporarily removed non-essential items such as pillows, blankets and our inflight magazine.
Temporary suspension of Ilak beneficiary fares on Montréal-Kuujjuaq route
Effective October 16, 2020, we have temporarily suspended our Ilak Beneficiary fare program on our Montréal – Kuujjuaq route (northbound Flight 164 and southbound Flight 165) in order to discourage non-essential travel on this Nunavik gateway route. All existing Ilak reservations on this route will continue to be honoured and requests for compassionate exceptions will be considered.
We expect that this will be a temporary measure and look forward to resuming Ilak bookings when conditions improve. In the meantime, we appreciate the patience and understanding of our customers. Please see here for full details.
Request for customers to wear face coverings when visiting any of our cargo facilities and airport counters
In order to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 within the communities we serve, we are asking our customers to wear a face covering whenever they visit any of our Canadian North Cargo facilities. This supports current public health directives in Ottawa and Québec, and will ensure we are providing the same precautions in all of our locations.
We also encourage our customers to wear face coverings at our airport ticketing and check-in counters.
Thank you for helping us to safeguard the health of everyone we serve.
Update to our Goodwill Policy
We have updated our Goodwill Policy for customers whose travel has been affected by COVID-19, effective October 21, 2020. Please see here for complete details.
Where can I find more information?
The following websites are reliable sources of updated information:
- Government of Nunavut
- Government of the Northwest Territories
- Kativik Regional Government
- Nunavik Regional Board of Health and Social Services
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- Government of Canada Travel Advice and Advisories
- Government of Canada Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
- The World Health Organization
- International Air Transport Association (IATA)
Questions? We’re always here to listen and to help.
We will continue to follow the direction of public health authorities and will provide additional updates here and on our Facebook and Twitter channels if further developments occur. In the meantime, we are always here to listen and to help. If you have any questions about your upcoming travel or shipping, please contact us at 1-800-267-1247 or email@example.com.
Thank you as always for booking, flying and shipping with us.