1 (Full Time)
Other Details: Reporting to Manager, Maintenance, Rotational position 4-days on, 4-days off, No accommodations provided
Level: As per the GAFAE Collective Agreement
* In accordance with the GAFAE Collective Agreement
Skills and Qualifications
Include, but not limited to, the following minimum skills and qualifications:
- Graduate from an approved training program;
- Previous experience on, B737 and ATR 42 considered an asset;
- Preference will be given to candidates that currently possess valid Transport Canada AME license;
- Willingness to travel;
- Must have excellent organization skills, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Must possess superior interpersonal and communication skills for internal and external customers;
- Must possess an ability to work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment;
- Must be able to obtain and retain an AVOP;
- Ability to communicate in Inuktut a definite asset;
- Ability to obtain and retain an Airport Restricted Area Identity Card in accordance with the Airport Restricted Area Access Clearance Program regulated by Transport Canada;
- No rotational accommodations provided.
Duties and Responsibilities
Interested candidates should be able to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible to the applicable Shift Supervisor for the assignment and performance of their work;
- Perform work to the appropriate procedures manual utilizing approved methods and materials;
- Familiarize themselves with all procedures to follow for the maintenance or repairs to the aircraft and/or equipment they are requested to work on;
- Perform work on aircraft and components as outlined by applicable Work Sheets, Forms, Work Orders, Special Bulletins and Procedures Manuals in conformity with accepted practices;
- Perform aircraft reconfigurations as required by the operation;
- Responsibly use and maintain company equipment;
- Maintain clean and orderly work areas;
- Other duties as assigned.
Is this the job for you?
Apply in writing with a cover letter and résumé to:
Canadian North Human Resources Department
Internal and External candidates will be interviewed simultaneously. Only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canadian North is committed to employment equity.
This advisory was posted on January 10, 2022.