Sca, Stores (tool Technician)
1 (Full Time)
Other Details: Reporting to Manager, Purchasing & Stores
Level: As per the GAFAE Collective Agreement
* In accordance with the GAFAE Collective Agreement
Skills and Qualifications
Include, but not limited to, the following minimum skills and qualifications:
- High School diploma and be a graduate from an approved training program;
- Three (3) years of previous experience
- Experienced Aviation/Aerospace Stores person OR Technical Aviation background - Aircraft Technician, AME or ACA;
- Inventory management experience - ideally with aviation software;
- Equipment maintenance experience - e.g. calibrating and repairing equipment;
- Ability to communicate in Inuktut an asset;
- Ability to obtain and retain an Airport Restricted Area Pass in accordance with the Airport Restricted Area Access Clearance Program regulated by Transport Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities
Interested candidates should be able to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Monitor the expiry dates of all precision tooling, measuring and test equipment that
- requires calibration;
- Assemble tooling kits, as required, for off base modifications;
- Initiate repair orders to ensure inspection, minor adjustments, and calibration checks of company tooling is accomplished;
- Be responsible for all Company tooling in regards to identification, inventory control, tooling equivalency and overall serviceability;
- Perform regular base audits and inventories of all Company tooling to ensure Material Control standards are maintained;
- Issue notification forms to the applicable base prior to tool calibration expiry date, and then follow up to ensure tools are shipped and do not become time-expired in the field;
- Where and when available, provide replacement tools for units out of service for calibration;
- Analyze and validate all requests for new tools, as required;
- Ensure all new tooling, purchased or fabricated in-house, has been subjected to the Tooling Equivalency process detailed in the Maintenance Process Manual;
- Monitor and maintain Company Tooling Catalogue, removing any obsolete tools from the Company Tooling Catalogue and database.
- Work with Main Library Department (MLD) and applicable departments to add new tools to program with (Company) part number and picture;
- When required perform inspection and calibration of some tooling which may include pressure gauges, calipers, dial indicators, micrometers and crimpers;
- Other related duties as assigned.
Is this the job for you?
Apply in writing with a cover letter and résumé to:
Canadian North Human Resources Department
Internal and External candidates will be interviewed simultaneously. Only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canadian North is committed to employment equity.
This advisory was posted on January 25, 2022.